Be it a DIY enthusiast or professional, screwdriver set is the most fundamental tool.
They are simple, slim, a handy set of tools (comes in all shapes and sizes) that will let you tackle more repairs, assembling or disassembling furniture and others.
An ideal screwdriver set is simple, precise and lasts a long time. We have picked these best screwdriver sets based on the below key factors.
The material of the screwdriver, especially its shaft is essential to consider. Most screwdriver shafts are made from chrome vanadium steel or heavy-duty alloy, which provide better overall value. So, check out what the shafts are made from before making their purchase.
2. Types of Screwdriver Sets
There are three main types of screwdriver sets, general-purpose, specialty, & bits.
- General Purpose: A most useful set that comes with more sizes and a higher tool count that let you perform any job.
- Specialty: Comes with screwdrivers having special qualities that are used by technicians. For example, electricians use insulated screwdrivers to avoid any injury at work. A bit expensive.
- Bits: All screwdrivers won’t have a fixed head and most works with interchangeable bits (higher piece count). They offer great value and can be used in power tools to increase their overall versatility.
- Types of Screwdriver Heads
Based on the type or shape of the respective screw, you have to use different types of screwdriver heads. There are 5 different types of heads available.
3. Flat or Slotted: A simple, flattened tip to fit in a horizontal line recess on the corresponding screw. Used widely in various household items.
- Philips: A cross pattern tip that sits in a cross-shaped recess on its corresponding screw. It is used for all manners of fastening.
- Torx: A star or six-pointed tip to fit properly on a corresponding screw. It is used while working much with large appliances.
- Robertson: A square tip to properly fit in a square-shaped recess on its corresponding screw.
- Hex Key: A Hexagonal head used to fit a hexagon-shaped recess on its corresponding screw.
Check out the following Buying Guide to make a better choice among various models. Let’s know at them and select your best as needed for your purpose.
Best Screwdriver Sets Of 2021
7 Best Screwdriver Sets Of 2021 Reviews
First on our list is a 19 piece premium quality mixed tip screwdriver set. The Williams 100P-19MD screwdriver set is a highly rated piece.
- Highly rated premium build quality screwdriver set with a metal finish
- The shank is made out of stainless steel
- Classic pattern rectangular yet ergonomic and comfortable handle grip with a thumb stop.
- Magnetic tips for extra easy screw removal and management
- The 3 component Philips design will give you extra power for turning or pushing
- Available in 5 different models including the various number of elements with either the Phillips or slotted models as well
Components Included in the set:
- 19 mixed pieces of screwdrivers (non-removable handles)
- Dust Free pouch
Next up on the list is a set of magnetic screwdrivers. The Cremax Professional Cushion grip is a set of 10 screwdrivers set-pieces. Out of these, you get 5 Philips pieces and 5 of flat head tips.
- Multi-purpose use screwdrivers sets with sturdy and ergonomic handle tips.
- Even the handles of the screwdrivers are highly ergonomic and non-slip and soft to hold in nature made out of PP and TPR materials
- All the 10 pieces of screwdrivers have heavily magnetised tips for easier screw management
- The tips are conditioned through blackening treatment. This will prevent any rust formation effectively.
- The bar of the screwdriver is made out of high-quality chromium-vanadium steel which is highly durable in nature.
- The best part about these screwdrivers is that they come with a 12 months 100% replacement or refund guarantee window.
Parts Included in the set:
- 5 Multipurpose Philips screwdrivers
- 5 Multipurpose Flathead screwdrivers
- Dust-free storage bag
Next on our list is the Klein Tools 85074 Screwdriver set. This 6 piece screwdriver kit comes with a set of flathead and Phillips Screwdrivers.
- General-purpose screwdrivers for home use yet professional-grade build.
- The handle of the screwdrivers has a cushion grip
- An ergonomic grip that supports greater torque when you are pushing it around
- The internal flanges of the handles will give you a great blade anchor that is twist-resistant in nature
- Also available in magnetized and non-magnetic models as well
- The shafts of the screwdrivers come with through special heat treatments
- Exact fit and highly precise machined tips
Components Included in the set:
- 3/16 inches long cabinet tip 601-3
- 1/4 inches large keystone tip: 600-4
- 5/16 inches keystone tip: 600-6
- Philips tip of the order #1 (603-3), #2 (603-4) and #3 (603-6)
Next on our list is the craftsman extreme grip, a 6 piece screwdriver set with diamond tips. Highly rated and reviewed, this set has a strong grip and durable handle and has a mixed set of both Phillips and Slotted screwdriver sets.
- Set of 6 with 3 pieces of Phillips screwdrivers and 3 pieces of Slotted Screwdrivers
- The tips of the screwdriver are diamond coated which gives it extra durability and it does not easily wear off like a usual quality screwdriver which loses its sharpness when subjected to constant usage.
- The coating further gives you better friction than any other fasteners and tips.
- These diamond-coated tips have 4 times greater gripping power than other black oxide finished tips
- Reduced slippage when you are fixing it with force and large torque.
Components included in the set:
- 3 pieces of Slotted Screwdrivers with sizes of 3/16 inches x 3 inches. 1/4 inches x 4 inches and a 5/16 inches x 6 inches
- 3 pieces of Phillips screwdrivers with sizes of 3 inches of #1, 4 inches of #2 and 6 inches of #3
Next on our list is a set of precision screwdrivers. Though made out of plastic, these screwdrivers have great durability and can’t be undermined in any way.
- Precision screwdrivers in a black and yellow color scheme.
- Comes in a compact casing for storage and package
- The holders in the casings have compact groovings to hold the screwdrivers in place with proper markings for placements.
- Sturdy pointy tips with handles of better torque
Components included in the set:
- 6 pieces of precision tip screwdrivers
- Compact placement case.
The Wera Kraftform Plus 334 is a 6 piece screwdriver set that comes with a unique storage rack. The set of screwdrivers is available to choose from a range of options from slotted to Phillips to others as well.
- German engineered lasertip screwdriver set with sturdy and ergonomic handles
- The laser tips have micro rough drive tip bites which when placed onto the fastener will ensure to provide a perfect fit on the screws
- The handles have a multi-component shape that provides utmost ergonomics
- Great in hand for comfort, these handles will aid in the transfer of torque in high speed
- The handles have markings on them wirth screw symbols to make it easier for choosing different types for various uses.
- Has both Phillips and Slotted Drive
- The rack has perfect groovings and placements for various handled screwdrivers
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
Components included in the set:
- 4 Slotted screwdrivers with markings
- 2 Phillips #1 and #2 screwdrivers
- A neat dust free storage rack
Finally on our list is the Teckman, a multi-purpose screwdriver set. The 10 in 1 Torx screwdriver set has not just screwdrivers but also other small
- Multipurpose star screwdrivers repair kit includes 4 types of torx screwdrivers and 2 types of torx screwdrivers
- Durable build quality thanks to the S2 steel which is industrial grade in nature.
- The shank is hardened through heat treatment and this silver coloured CRV will give you greater torque while using it.
- The handles are flexible and non-skid in nature thanks to the TPR and PP material build
- The tweezers are made out of stainless steel and the 2 nylon spudgers can help in pry and opening tools for most DIY repairs etc.,
- Magnetic screwdriver tips that can make easier removal of the screws.
- Very affordable pricing
Components included in the set:
- T3, T4, T5,T6, screwdrivers
- T8 and T10 security screwdrivers
- ESD 12 and ESD 17 pointed and curvy tweezers
- One Anti-static Nylon Spudger
- A plastic opening pry tool
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Screwdriver Set:
Here are some of the key factors that you have to take into account while purchasing a screwdriver set. This guide will help you in selecting the best screwdriver set, as per your requirement.
Let’s check out what to look for while shopping for this set.
1. Types of Screwdriver Sets:
Based on your purpose, the screwdriver sets are available in three different types – General purpose, specialty, & Bits. Let’s get into its details.
This screwdriver set will give you a higher tool count and more sizes, which makes it considered the most useful set to perform various tasks/jobs. Yet, they may lack some features and qualities which specialty sets offer. Though it won’t matter most, as various general-purpose sets are a perfect choice and acceptable for specialty work. It all depends on the manufacturer and the design they willing to offer in this large set.
Professionals or technicians do need some specific requirements of their tools that includes screwdrivers. For instance, the use of insulated screwdrivers will prevent any injury-causing to the electricians during work.
So, this type of set will include only screwdrivers having specific qualities (yet leave out unnecessary things). You can easily expect that these kits are expensive than other types due to their emphasis on quality.
All screwdrivers won’t come with a fixed head and most models are designed to work with interchangeable bits. So, there should be various sets available for this type of drivers. One can easily find a higher number of pieces in this bit set of screwdrivers compared to other screwdriver sets. They are affordable and may or may not come with a screwdriver, yet offer a great value. Note that various bits in the set are used in power tools to increase their overall versatility.
2. Types of Screwdriver Heads:
One has to understand the different types of screwdriver heads along with their respective screws before using them. So, here are the most common types of screwdriver heads used for various household projects.
Slotted or Flat:
A simple, flattened tip sitting in a horizontal line recess on its corresponding screw. This type of screw is used in furniture, cabinetry, outlet covers and other basic household items. The quite common sizes of these slotted screwdrivers are 1/8-inch, 5/32-inch, 3/16-inch, 1/4-inch, 5/16-inch & 3/8-inch (from smallest – largest).
A cross pattern tip used to fit a cross-shaped recess on its corresponding screw. This Philips type of head screws come with a “+” shaped notch used to loosen or tighten a corresponding Philips-head screwdriver. These screws are used for all manners of fastening and the most common sizes of the Philips screwdrivers are #000, #00, #0, #1, #2 & #3 (from smallest to largest range).
A star or six-pointed tip used to fit in those shapes on a corresponding screw. Quite useful while working much with large appliances like computers, cars or security systems. Torx screwdriver is used to encounter Torx screws. So, these screws having a six-pointed star slot, and corresponding screwdrivers come with a star-shaped tip.
A square tip used to fit all those square-shaped recess on its corresponding screw.
A hexagonal-shaped head to fit a hexagon recess on its corresponding screw.
In most cases, we choose the screwdriver heads depending on our purpose. For instance, if you want to use a set for gardening, then opt for slotted, Philips, and flatheads. While using for professional purposes, a Torx or a hexagonal screwdriver head suit the best. Hex screw heads are mostly used for DIY furniture, whereas Torx screw used with electronic equipment. So, based on the usage of the screws, you can choose the right one for you.
Remember that every screwdriver type comes in a variety of sizes to get matched with the different sizes of screws. This will help to prevent toe mismatched sizes to strip screws, damage screwdrivers and generate slipping hazards resulting in injury.
The material used to make its shaft is one of the best indicators to know how well the screwdriver is made and last longer. Generally, the screwdrivers made with shafts are made from chrome vanadium steel. These are expensive than their aristocrats, yet provide overall value. While one has to carefully check the screwdrivers, which won’t clearly state what their shafts are made from before making their purchase.
The screwdriver’s tip is one of the essential parts to consider. Choose the one with high quality for better results and long-term usage. Most people prefer to use hardened tips, which are considered tougher and durable. Make note that tips been dipped in the paint will make them appear hardened.
Also, look for magnetized screwdriver tips. These days, most sets offer magnetized heads that make the tool positioning quite easier. Make sure to check out the strength and longevity of these magnetic tips before you make your purchase.
The handle is considered as the user point of contact with the screwdriver (or a tool). It should provide a good grip to avoid any accidents/injuries. If you feel uncomfortable holding the handle, then you can’t use the screwdriver pleasantly for a longer time. So, pick an ergonomically designed easy to hold handle that provides enough grip and let you work continuously without straining your hands.
Most of the screwdriver sets come with plastic or acrylic handles, while others may offer wooden handles or the one with rubber coating for extra grip. Which handle type you choose, it should comfortably fit in your hand and won’t slip or cause injury while applying pressure to turn a screw. Simply go with the handles that marked as comfort grip or ergonomic to use tools with ease on your hands.
6. Size of Kit:
Based on the type of work you need to perform with the power tools, you have to decide the required size of the kit. For instance, a handyman working on a wide range of projects will require the best screwdriver sets having a wide variety of sizes, tips, and lengths to perform/complete their task. While DIYers or others working on simple repairs or small household projects will require a screwdriver with a small set/kit.
Looking for a screwdriver kit to perform small electronic repairs, such as laptops, TV, & phones, then go with a set having precision blades. While for heavy-duty repairs, choose a screwdriver set having long handles for increased torque.
7. Integrated or Separate Heads:
Are you looking for a wider selection of bits and easy storage? Then a multi-bit screwdriver is your best choice. As they consist of a handle, blade and other attachment mechanisms to use bits interchangeably. Also, it let you use power drill effectively, where the individual bits are compatible with these tools.
Whereas, a screwdriver having fixed bits offer a more solidly secured advantage. So, a dedicated screwdriver is the best option while using the same type of screw every time. Still, it is easy to lose bits instead of losing the whole screwdriver.
With limited space availability, most people prefer to choose a screwdriver set with a proper storage solution. This type of sets has a case, rack or box for its storage. For this, consider the portability of a particular screwdriver set before making its purchase. So, make sure the storage of the screwdriver set won’t become a big problem for the user.
9. Quick Release:
With its built-in mechanism, a quick release set will aid in retaining and gripping the driver’s heads. This will firmly hold the bits in place whereas leaves them interchangeable easily. A non-corrosion coating of screwdriver heads will ensure they should be rust-proof and corrosion-resistant.
10. Specialized Tips:
The special coating on the tip of a screwdriver set is a quite common feature to consider while shopping for these sets. These specialized tips will help to increase the grip of the screw’s head and thereby lessens any slippage that occurs at normal use.
The magnetic force created by magnetic tips will draw the screw to the driver. Here the raised force will firmly attach the screwdriver head’s surface to the screw’s recess. Thus, it makes the screwdriver put on more force easily on the screw and thereby allows you to drive/remove the screw quickly and accurately compared to a steel tip.
Other than magnetic force, they are black oxide-coated tips, diamond coated tips, and black phosphate coated tips, which produce a raised friction between the screw recess and the driver tip. Thus, it applies more force to drive screws with accuracy. With its sturdy resilience, longevity, and increased grip strength (while you drive a screw), this type of tips are getting more popular with industry pros.
11. Handle Grip Design:
Do you know that a small difference in handle size or shape will transform a screwdriver from a high-production construction tool to a high accuracy technical tool? For instance, a wide-handle grip design will allow the user to remove the screws (especially construction screws) quickly with more force. While using a narrow design will force the user to do a project/task more precisely by spending a lot of time.
We mostly find rubber coated screwdriver handles, which allows you to have a proper grip on the tool without slipping and make use of it comfortably for a longer time. Also, we notice dual-material molded handles on some screwdrivers, which made with a blend of rubber and hard plastic. This split design will provide dual benefits – the comfort of a rubber handle along with the accuracy of a hard-handled screwdriver.
12. Piece Total:
In general, a screwdriver set can range from five to over one hundred pieces of screwdrivers. Yet, it won’t mean literally a hundred screwdrivers. Somewhat called “Piece Total”, which refers to the total number of pieces in your screwdriver set, that includes the number of screwdrivers, screwdriver handles, screwdriver bits (magnetic heads of different sizes and types to use with all-purpose screwdriver handle), and other added features. For example, a kit of 100-pieces comes with 4 screwdrivers, 2 all-purpose handles, 8 specialty heads, 1 flexible extension bar, 1 extension bar, and 84 different bits.
13. Durability & Quality:
Usually, screwdriver sets made with tighter fits, heavier materials (heavy-duty alloy or chrome vanadium steel), and tougher construction are considered durable, reliable, and a quality product. Also, the screwdriver sets with ergonomic handles (made of non-slip material) provide an excellent grip for comfort and ease of use.
Check out how the driver blade runs through the handle. Screwdrivers carry the blade deep into the handle is considered the best one, whereas screwdrivers extend a couple of inches past the handle’s base. Just imagine, while applying enough twisting force, the torque quickly overcomes the small amount of handle coverage.
Plenty of poorly designed handles can break off easily, which most manufacturers cleared this issue, yet some knockoff brands won’t be cleared by figuring that we won’t observe through the opaque plastic. So, check out the quality and durability of any product before you purchase them.
People who are using screwdrivers will know how useful it is to have a magnetic tip. It let you pick up a tiny screw, which fell in a tight space by simply tapping the screwdriver against it. If you came over two similar sets with the best price and quality (one is magnetic and the other not), then prefer to choose the one with a magnetic feature.
While purchasing a screwdriver set to use/work with computers or other sensitive electronic equipment, then opt for the non-magnetic set. The reason is that the electronic system may be damaged by magnetism, results in errors, faults or even the complete shutdown of the system. Also, using a magnetic screwdriver will run the risk of getting magnetize the screws.
15. No-Slip Tips:
Though it seems like it is not adding much value to a screwdriver set, yet these non-slip tips are made to make your job/task easier. It is quite useful while working at a special angle where you won’t have much contact with the screw when working, here using a no-slip tip saves a lot of effort and time. So, when once a screwdriver seated in the screw, it is less likely to lose and cause any accidents.
The price range may vary for screwdriver kits. So, based on your purpose or requirement, you can choose the best quality product that comes at a decent price. For instance, invest in a durable, and reliable set for heavy-duty usage/purpose, whereas for minor household repairs, go with a cheaper set having a few features. Here are the product features with the price range.
Price less than $50 – The product within this price range is limited to entry-level or general-purpose sets. Also, some specialty sets having fewer pieces may come in this category.
Price with $50 & Up – Professional and specialty grade kits come with a price range of $50 or above. As they come with premium features and the best construction that makes them handy for everyday usage.
Benefits of a Screwdriver Set:
Before buying any product, one should know what benefits they get from that product to make it use effectively. Have a look at some of the benefits of a screwdriver set.
Reduce Shopping Time – Buying an entire set at once will help to minimize your time spent searching for specific screwdrivers with different bits. However, you won’t make instant use of everything in a set, but you will make use of them at some time in future. So, it saves a lot of time and effort.
Organized Workspace – Most screwdriver sets come with storage racks or cases, which helps to keep things well-organized. Rather than sprawling the screwdrivers over a chest or toolbox, it allows you to place them in a dedicated storage solution. Also, the availability of all these things in one place will increase productivity.
More Productivity – Buying a complete set of screwdrivers will come with everything needed to perform any task/job. This means you can easily spend more time completing projects quickly.
Shared Qualities – There are various driver types and sizes in a kit, in which all of them have similar qualities. So, one should know what to expect from a set of screwdrivers providing consistency, irrespective of which one you select. Also, it will be a significant contributor to raising productivity.
Concluding our list, we can say that the Williams screwdriver set is the best screwdriver set to buy. This is because it has a 19 piece removable with ergonomic handle, magnetic tips and multi purpose handle. Also, this set has great reviews and ratings making it a wise buy choice.
How did you like our list? Do you want us to add or remove anything from it? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section below. Our team will write back to you as soon as possible.