A misty fan might look like a tiny innocent fan but it is truly an innovation in a reduced energy cooling fan out of many fans available. A misting fan essentially cools the area around it by evaporating a small jet of water droplets around it.
This makes for a pleasant air flow experience and thus has put the demand for the best misting fan on the high in recent years. But if you were to go out and pick one for yourselves, which one would you choose? In this article, we are going to look at some of the tops and best misting fans you can buy online.
Before you buy a misting fan, be sure to consider the following three key factors
- Type of the fan: Misting fans are available in 3 models, Standalone, wall mount, and compact fans. Standalone is good for multipurpose whereas wallmount is a bit more permanent. Compact fans are great for small areas. Choose accordingly
- Size of the fan: This again is a choice you will make depending on where and why you will be using the fan for. Large gatherings and large halls might need larger fans but for simple one rooms, you can either go with a small compact fan or a small-sized standalone fan as well
- Speed and Angles: The third key thing to look for in a misting fan is its ability to change speeds. And also the angle of rotations as well. Most standalone fans come with variable speeds and swing options but compact fans do not come with them. For wider usages, the standalone fan is the best choice.
Apart from these three factors, there are a bunch more that you might wanna consider. We have included all of them in the “Buying Guide” below, be sure to check them out as well.
Now let us jump in and review the best misting fans available to buy online
7 Best Misting Fans
7 Best Misting Fans Reviews
- This is a 2 in 1 fan that you can use as a misting fan to get a cooling effect or operate as a dry fan.
- The misting fan has an effective cooling range of 600 square feet that is perfect for your patios, parties, and BBQs.
- With 3 fan speeds, you can have the perfect cooling effect depending on the ambient temperature.
- The misting fan has an adjustable tilt option along with height adjustment to produce an even cooling effect.
- Oscillating fan head provides a wider cooling effect that is ideal for large outdoor areas.
- Easy to use features with a pull chain switch and an integrated knob to control the versatile adjustments of the misting fan.
- Made of stainless steel and features a slim, lightweight design that allows you to mount the misting fan conveniently in any place you want.
- Eco-friendly misting fan without the use of freon or any other chemicals.
- Supports a standard 0.75-inch garden hose using which you can easily set up this misting fan.
- Leakage protection device to shut the fan automatically in case of water leaks and a GFCI plug that works with a standard 120V three-prong outlet.
Warranty: This misting fan is backed by a 1-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
- Not durable and starts to rust quickly
- Misting nozzles get clogged
Lasko’s Misto 7050 is a compact outdoor misting fan that is built for taking it out, for general outings, camping trips, and picnics as such. One of the highly reviewed and rated products on our list, the Lasko Misto could also be a perfect gift too.
- A highly rated and very compact device that could cool up air up to a temperature as low as 25 degrees.
- The fan of the mister has a powerful blower and functions as a portable personal cooler as well and can cover up about 150 square feet of area.
- It can be switched between 3 speeds and can provide cool breeze anywhere. The three jets on the front will help in the dispersion of the mist formed
- High power within a small frame is achieved through large industrial blower designs.
- The head has the pivoting capacity and can have direct and swinging air flow circulation. It will give you a high velocity of air and mist whenever you need whereas the pivoting angle is wide enough to change where you need to direct the air for about 90 degrees.
- The body of the fan is made out of high-quality rust resistance and also weather resistance. It does not have any exposed metals and is also UV protected as well.
- The fan has an in-line GFCI cord that comes with a ground-fault circuit-interrupter within the fan that makes it great for outdoors as well
- The entire cord length available is 72 inches
Warranty: The product comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- Could have mentioned the total CFM capacity
Next on our list is Geek Aire’s misting fan. This is a compact sized misting fan that is ideal for outdoor use with an effective cooling effect. The battery operated misting fan provides you a hassle-free cooling experience.
- The fan provides a 1500 CFM airflow that allows you to experience a cool and refreshing sensation, irrespective of the ambient temperature.
- Equipped with 3 nozzles that spray refreshing cool mist up to a maximum distance of 11.5 feet.
- There is an extra nozzle included in the package that you can use if any of the primary nozzles become defective.
- Adjustable 360-degree allows maximum flexibility and ensures that you experience a cooling effect irrespective of where you sit.
- Made of strong ABS plastic that comes with a thick coating to offer resistance against water, rust, and UV light.
- Comes with a detachable battery of 15,000mAh that offers 3 to 24 hours of fan time on full charge. Additionally, you can get extra batteries if you want a longer fan time.
- The battery can be used as a powerbank to power your other devices in case of any emergencies.
- Works at 24v DC for a safe operation.
- As the fan is made of plastic, it is lightweight with 7.1 lbs and has a compact size of 16.1 x 8.1 x 16.1 inches that allows for maximum portability.
- Easy to mount anywhere and can be started by twisting the switch.
Warranty: Warranty information is not specified on the product page.
- Multiple customer complaints of nozzles getting clogged
Next up on our list, we have a rather large tank based standalone misting fan from the Cool Off Island. The Cool-Off Island’s 12 Gallon Breeze oscillating misting fan has a 26 inches sized fan and quite a large tank and is portable thanks to its tiny rolling wheels as well.
- Perfect outdoor and indoor usage low noise output standalone oscillating misting fan that comes with a 10 foot long power cord and a pair of nifty tiny rubber wheels that would let you take it anywhere portably
- The total height of the fan stands about 78 inches high making it perfect for camp level or any use case as well. Also, this height can be adjusted as well./
- This centrifugal mist fan comes with a 100% copper made motor that can throw air to about 40 feet of space that translates to about 1,600 square feet.
- Has a 3 speed quiet operation that makes it both high powered and silent as well both.
- The water tank at the foot of the fan can carry up to about 10 gallons of water that essentially eliminates the need for a constant hose of pipe of water.
- Internal circuitry protection available and the simple switches between mist and just fan usage
- Has a 90 degrees easy swing oscillation
Warranty: Though there seems to be a warranty, the duration is not exactly specified
- Quite the high premium price ranged product
This is another feature packed misting fan that provides a great cooling effect all around the year. The misting fan is battery operated with a large capacity that makes it perfect for outdoor as well as travel purposes.
- Large 7-inch blades allow for greater air circulation and create a relaxing atmosphere even on a hot sunny day.
- Adjustable misting functions with 3 speed levels provide a rapid cooling effect as soon as you start the misting fan.
- Features a mist output of 200ml that is enough to cool mid-sized patios or parties.
- Toggle between the speed modes easily by pressing the start button.
- Maximum airflow of up to 4.2 m/s.
- Removable battery with a large capacity of 10000mAh that provides up to 48 hours of fan time on a single charge.
- Apart from the battery, you can power up the fan by using the USB port. You can also charge the battery using the USB port.
- Easy to install with the help of the robust clamp clip that you can open up to 2 inches.
Warranty: Warranty period is not specified on the product page.
- Lack of position-adjustable features
- Warranty is no mentioned
Next up on the list is actually a very cool design of a misting fan. The O2COOL is a portable, battery-operated personal misting fan. This fan is available in various colours and is one of the most affordable misting fans in our entire list.
- Personalized cooling systems that is built to cool down a single person in a personal space
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, the fan has a great deal of jetting and is run by a single motor that is powerful enough for a great breeze of cool air.
- Handheld instrument that has a small bottle styled tank that can be filled up with water for cool jets of air
- The bottle can give you 1000 mist blasts if used correctly
- Great for outdoors, drives, cars without air conditioning, work desks and pretty much anywhere you need an immediately cool breeze.
- Stylish in design and colorful in their appearance
- Incredibly budget friendly
- Only for personal use and cannot be used for large spaces
- Single speed power mode
- No Warranty
Finally on our list, we have yet another portable misting fan. While the O2COOL is a battery operated fan, the TianNorth Misting fan is powered by USB charging. This handheld Humidifier Mist Water Spray Air Conditioning device can also act as a portable moisturizer fan as well.
- A mini personal water cooling mist fan that has a rechargeable 2,200 mah Lithium ion battery.
- One a full charge, the fan can provide air for about 2 to 6 hours when charged to brim for 4 full hours. Thanks to the USB nature of the battery, it can be easily charged through your laptop, power bank or through an adapter as well.
- This fan has a mini water spray can which will eject a soft spray of water and cooling jets of air
- It has a total of 2 spraying modes. The short pressing of the switch with a light indication for on and change the mode of spraying. One is continuous spraying the other is intermittent spraying. Continuous gives better cooling but uses up all the water whereas intermittent spraying saves water but not so much cooling as before.
- The fan has three speed modes which can be switched using the button from low, medium to high.
- It is light in weight with about 190 grams and has a very low noise operation as well.
- It can also double as a face moisturizer when you’re working in hot and arid environments
Warranty: The misting fan comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase. It has a great after-sales service and a 60 days return window policy as well.
- Though it has 3 modes of functioning, it is mostly for personal use and cannot provide air to more than 1 person.
Buying Guide: How To Pick The Best Misting Fan
This buying guide will help you in choosing the best possible misting fan online. We will do that by listing down and educating you all about what constitutes a good misting fan. What factors do you need to look for in a fan before buying it? Let’s find out.
We are going to start by looking at the different types of misting fans available
Types of misting fans available to buy
Basically, there are 3 different types of misting fans in the market.
1. Standalone Misting Fans
A standalone misting fan is one of the most common types of misting fans that you usually see out there. They are widely seen in both commercial and residential complexes. These fans can cover a very wide area and have great adjustment settings such as tilt, fan speed, etc,.
These fans shave a long pole and a dan head along with a built-in a mister. The pole of this fan is also adjustable in most of the pieces. Great for outdoors, large gatherings, and also indoors.
2. Wall-mounted misting fans.
Wall-mounted misting fans, as the name suggests, are usually mounted up on the wall and do not need a physical space on the ground.
They are usually used in halls and commercial spaces where central air conditioning is a bit expensive. They may not give you the flexibilities of a standalone fan but they are less of a hassle. They also have better air and mist distribution.
3. compact misting fans
A compact version of a standalone misting fan without the large pole. A compact misting fan is mobile in nature and can be virtually taken anywhere. This makes these portable fans one of the most favored for your buses, tents, desert camps, etc.,
But unlike the standalone and the wall fans, they don’t have much tank capacity nor the air push power.
Factors To Consider while buying a misting fan
Now that you understood the different types of misting fans available, the following are the factors that you need to take care of while buying a misting fa
1. Size of the fan
The first thing to consider is the size of the fan. Are you going for a very large model for a lot of people or are you going for a compact model that suits a smaller and compact room? Depending on this, not only the size but also the type of misting fan you choose will change.
2. Tank capacity
The next big thing to consider is the tank capacity. Forget not that misting fans are reliant on water for the cooling system. Standalone Misting fans have better water systems but wall fans also have large enough tanks as well. Compact fans do not have as large tanks as any others.
3. Speed changes
Like a tabletop fan or a tower fan, a misting fan comes with the ability to change the speed of the fan. But this is more of a thing for the standalone models than the wall models. Even some of the compact misting fans to come with speed change options as well. These just include low, medium, and high.
The speed of the fan will also account for the CFM capacity of the fan as well. Most of the standalone fans come with about 2,400 CFM or higher or a few will also have lower as well. Wall fans definitely will have large whereas small compact models will have the lesser capacity.
4. Angle of movement
The angle of movement refers to the swing movement of the fan. Standalone misting fans tend to have this feature where they can swing and be able to provide air to almost all sides of the room. The angle in which they can swing varies from fan to fan model. A few models allow full 180 degrees sweep whereas a few do not. Compact Misting fans and wall misting fans do not have these sweep swing features.
Though they look like not much, misting fans could also be an expensive affair..hence it is prudent that the product you’re buying comes with good warranty coverage. Most fans give you about 1 year of manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase but a few will also give you higher as well. It differs from brand to brand.
Misting fans are cool. They are cool air generators in the most eco-friendly way at the best of the resources, water. Out of all the products mentioned in the list, the NewAir misting fan wins our list. It can cover a maximum of 600 square foot area and is great for outdoors, patios and campings as well. It also comes with a 1 year warranty making it the best misting fan to buy.
If you are looking for something more portable, we would suggest that you go ahead with the Lasko misting fan which is a great outdoor camping side fan. If you are looking for even more mobility, we would suggest you go for O2COOL Misting Fan, which is an almost hand held misting fan of very economic and budget friendly pricing.
How did you like our list? Have you got any questions for us? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section below and we will write back to you as soon as possible.