There are a lot of cases when you have to demolish a wall or something else at a construction site. While you can do this using a hammer and a chisel, that can be quite time-consuming. Hence, it is recommended to use a demolition hammer in such cases because of the following things offered by them:
- Motor Power: As these demolition hammers are powered by an electric motor, checking the power rating is highly important. Just like any other tool, this power rating is given as 10 amps or 20 amps, where a higher power rating results in higher performance.
- Speed: Demolition hammers also come with a speed rating that is given in BPM or blows per minute. While some options are rated at 1900 BPM, more powerful ones will have a speed rating of 2600 BPM.
- Chisel Size: There is a chisel on one side of any given demolition hammer that is responsible for the demolition process. Some of these have a 1 ¼ inch chisel, while others might have a 1 ¾ inch chisel depending on the model that you get. Out of these two, the larger chisel size offers better performance to the user.
If you also work on a construction site, then the chances are that you also want a demolition hammer. Therefore, we are here with some of the best demolition hammers along with all their details like features for easily differentiating between them. And if that is not enough, you can even find a detailed “Buying Guide” for buying the perfect demolition hammer after going through this article until the end.
Best Demolition Hammers
7 Best Demolition Hammers Reviews
XtremepowerUS is one of the most popular brands of power tools out there that makes various kinds of heavy-duty products, including its demolition hammer.
The XtremepowerUS Heavy Duty demolition hammer is present in the 1st position in this article as it is the most powerful option mentioned here in terms of the motor power. You get a 20 amp electric motor in this demolition hammer that is the highest when compared with others. As a result, you get a power rating of 2200 watts when working with 110-volt electricity.
Since this is a heavy-duty tool, you get a 2-year long warranty with it for peace of mind. Although, the build quality offered by it could have been slightly better at the given price point. One handy feature of this demolition hammer is that you get a 360-degree foregrip in this hammer that allows you to get better control while using it.
- 20 amp electric motor
- Speed rating of 1800 blows per minute
- 2-year long warranty
- 2200 watt power rating
- 360-degree foreskin for better control
- Highly powerful motor
- Long warranty for peace of mind
- Build quality could have been slightly better
Bosch is one of the most premium brands of power tools out there that is known for making high-performance tools, including demolition hammers.
Bosch’s 11321EVS demolition hammer is present in the 2nd position in this article as it offers the highest speed rating in this article. It is rated at 2900 blows per minute that is much higher than most other options. But the best part about this demolition hammer is that it offers this speed with its highly efficient electric motor that is rated at just 13 amps for lower power consumption.
You get a 1 9/16 inch chisel in this demolition hammer that is quite large, especially for the given speed rating. Thankfully, adjusting the speed is quite easy using the variable speed trigger offered by Bosch in this demolition hammer. As for the warrant, you get a 1-year long warranty along with a great build quality that makes this hammer quite durable and reliable.
- 13 amp electric motor
- Speed rating of 2900 blows per minute
- 1-year long warranty
- 1 9/16 inch chisel size rating
- Includes a variable speed trigger for proper control with high accuracy
- Offers a great build quality for peace of mind
- Comes with the highest speed rating
- Quite an expensive demolition hammer
There are a lot of offerings from Makita if you are looking for a powered demolition hammer offering from Makita that we have mentioned here in this article.
This Makia HM0870C demolition hammer is present in the 3rd position in this article as it is a highly efficient option mentioned in this article. You get a small 10 amp electric motor in this demolition hammer. But despite having a comparatively smaller motor, you get a maximum speed rating of 2650 blows per minute in this demolition hammer that should be more than enough for most users out there.
Just like most other Makita products out there, you get a great build quality with this demolition hammer that is always great to have. Although, its 1-year warranty is just average and the same as offered by most other options out there. One of the most useful features of this demolition hammer is that it comes with LED indicators on the side.
- 10 amp electric motor
- Speed rating of 2650 blows per minute
- 1-year long warranty
- Includes LED indicators for error status
- Includes a highly efficient motor
- High-performance motor with high speed
- Great build quality for peace of mind
- A longer warranty would have been appreciated
- Expensive demolition hammer
When compared with the other options in this article, F2C is a smaller brand of power tools that still offers a decently powerful demolition hammer to its users.
The F2C demolition hammer comes with a highly powerful and heavy-duty electric motor. It includes a 20 amp electric motor that results in a power rating of 2200 watts while using it with a 110-volt current source. As for its speed rating, you can go up to 1900 blows per minute that should be more than enough for most users.
One of the most unique things about this demolition hammer is that it includes multiple accessories in the box. This includes a flat and a bull point 1 ⅛ inch chisels. You even get a carrying bag, gloves, safety glasses, wrench, and much more. All of these things offer a great experience while using this demolition hammer. As for its warranty, you get a 1-year long warranty just like most other options out there.
- 20 amp electric motor
- Speed rating of 1900 blows per minute
- 1-year long warranty
- 2200 watt power rating
- The affordable price tag for users on a budget
- Includes a wide range of accessories in the box
- Easy to control demolition hammer
- Not the most power-efficient option out there
The reason that Aoben’s demolition hammer finds a place on our list is because it is one of the most powerful options that come with easy to use functions. The demolition hammer runs on a 13 Amp/1500W motor that delivers high energy that is suitable for heavy-duty projects on masonry, concrete, and metals. It features 3 operating modes that can be selected using a double switch button.
Aoben’s demolition hammer adopts an ergonomic design with a 360-degree adjustable handle that reduces hand fatigue and provides comfort while operating. The hammer bottom’s double anti-dust structure prolongs its life while the SDS-plus feature ensures a safe operation. On top of this, the motor dissipates the heat effectively which helps the hammer to maintain its optimum working performance.
Using this demolition hammer, you can drill holes of up to 1-¼-inch diameter on concrete and ½-inch diameter on metals. The demolition hammer is backed by a 24 months warranty service from the date of purchase.
- 13 amp electric motor
- Power rating of 1500 watts
- 3 operating modes
- 2 years service warranty
- Suitable for heavy-duty works
- 360-degree adjustable handle for comfort
- Long life and durability
- Drilling does not have reverse mode
- Chisel bit becomes difficult to remove and reinsert after extended use
VivoHome’s demolition hammer is the most powerful option on our list that has a power rating of 2,200 watts. However, with such a high power, the motor has a speed rating of only 400 RPM and delivers a decent speed performance of 1400 blows per minute. It comes with a flat head chisel and a bull point chisel which makes the hammer versatile and useful for different construction projects.
The demolition hammer features a retainer buckling at the back of the chisels that prevent them from dropping out and causing injuries. If you want to detach the chisels, you just have to swing the retainer to the back. The 360-degree rotating rubber handle has an anti-slip feature that increases friction and reduces vibration that prevents hand fatigue. Furthermore, this gives you better control and improves drilling precision.
VivoHome backs this demolition hammer with a 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- High power rating of 2,200 watts
- Speed rating of 400 RPM
- Offers 1400 blows per minute
- 2 years long warranty period
- Heavy-duty demolition hammer
- Safe operation with a retainer buckling feature
- Easy to control
- Not very efficient – Consumer high power for a decent performance
- Lack of swift customer service response
TR Industrial is a popular manufacturer of power tools that are reliable and durable and offer maximum performance. Every TR Industrial demolition hammer comes with a UL certificate that ensures a safe operation.
TR Industrial’s demolition hammer is powered by a 13 amps motor that delivers impact energy of 44 ft-lbs and blows per minute of 1,800. With this power, you can cut holes through a wide range of material including concrete, masonry, and metals. The high performance is ideally suited for heavy-duty applications and helps you get the job done faster.
Like all demolition hammers of the brand, this one also undergoes a rigorous testing process to comply with the UL safety standards. Besides, the 20 feet power cord has a double insulated plug with a high resistance to harsh weather conditions. The extra length of the cord allows you to move freely without being restricted. The demolition hammer is lightweight with only 35 pounds that allows you to handle and operate it conveniently.
Along with the demolition hammer, you get a bull-point, a flat chisel, a pair of work-gloves, and a molded case with wheels. TR industrial backs this demolition hammer with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Powerful 13 amps motor
- Impact energy of 44 ft-lbs/60 joules
- Speed rating of 1,800 blows per minute
- 1 year warranty period
- Perfect for heavy-duty applications
- Lightweight and easy to operate
- Safe to use with a UL safety standard certification
- Warranty period could have been longer
Buying Guide For The Best Demolition Hammer
There are various ways to demolish walls or walkways at a construction site if needed. While some of these methods are manual ones, others might use something like a demolition hammer. You can find multiple options in this article if you are looking for such a demolition hammer.
Since we have even mentioned their major features and options, you must know a lot about demolition hammers by now. Although, if you haven’t gone through these details or simply want to know more, we are here with a detailed buying guide related to demolition hammers. It has all of the major aspects and factors of demolition hammers that you need to know. Hence, if you want to buy a demolition hammer, make sure to go through this buying guide:
1. Motor Power
All of the demolition hammers mentioned in this article are electric models that are powered by an electric motor for powering all of their functionality. Due to this, making sure that this electric motor is powerful enough is highly important to ensure that you do not get any performance issues later on.
Just like almost any other electric power tool, this power rating is generally given in amps. It includes options like 10 amp electric motors or 20 amp electric motors, depending on the model that you get. Generally, a higher amp rating results in better performance from a given demolition hammer.
2. Speed Rating
Apart from checking the motor power rating of these demolition hammers, you can also check their speed rating. It simply tells you about the working speed of the tool head of a given demolition hammer that directly affects the performance offered by it.
As you would expect, this speed rating is given in BPM or blows per minute that tells you the number of times the hammer strikes every minute. While some models offer a speed rating of 2600 BPM, others might have a lower speed rating of 1900 BPM. Just like the motor power rating, a higher speed rating results in better performance most of the time.
3. Chisel Size
Just like using a manual hammer, these demolition hammers also use a chisel for breaking down walls and other things at a construction site. Due to this, checking the chisel size is highly important. While it might not directly affect the performance, checking the chisel size ensures that you can use the desired chisels with this demolition hammer that you prefer. While some models use 1 ⅛ inch chisels, others might use a 1 9/16 inch chisel.
4. Durability and Warranty
As you would expect, a demolition hammer gets used for working on hard surfaces like concrete. Due to this, they face a lot of wear and tear over time and might even face issues due to it.
Hence, making sure that a given demolition hammer is durable and reliable enough is highly important. Apart from checking the build quality, you can check the warranty offered by a given demolition hammer. As you would expect, a demolition hammer with a 2-year long warranty is better than a hammer with a 1-year long warranty.
Just per the name, a demolition hammer is generally used on construction sites for demolishing a wall or walkway. These are powered by electric motors for easily saving the user’s time by quite a lot. Thus, you can find some of the best demolition hammers up above in this article. We have even mentioned their major features and options so that you can easily differentiate them. If that’s not enough, then you can follow the buying guide mentioned in this article. All of these things have made us select the following demolition hammer recommendations:
- The XtremepowerUS demolition hammer is the most powerful option present in this article. It offers a 20 amp electric motor that is much better than most other options out there. You even get a 2-year long warranty with it for peace of mind while using it.
- You can also consider the Bosch demolition hammer if you are looking for powerful options. While it only has a 13 amp electric motor, you get a pretty high speed of up to 2900 blows per minute for easily using it for demolishing different things.
- If you are on a budget, you can check out the F2C demolition hammer as it is the cheapest option in this article. You get a 20 amp electric motor along with a speed rating of 1800 BPM in this demolition hammer that is quite great for the given price.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!