Just per the name, refrigerant recovery machines are used to recover the refrigerant of any cooling appliances like an AC unit. Hence, such recovery machines are highly useful for servicing needs. Although, if you want to buy such a machine, then you have to keep the following things in mind:
- Power Rating: You need a powerful refrigerant recovery machine to use it properly with your other cooling devices. This power rating is given in HP and includes options like ½ HP or 1 HP refrigerant recovery machine
- Pressure Rating: Generally, refrigerant recovery is done at a very high pressure. Due to this, you need to have a proper pressure rating with your refrigerant recovery machine like 500 PSI or 550 PSI, out of which the higher rating is better.
- Warranty: If you are buying a refrigerant recovery machine, the chances are that you want it to last for a long time. Hence, if you want a reliable refrigerant recovery machine, then make sure that it has a 1-year warranty or higher.
Today, we are here with some of the best refrigerant recovery machines that work quite good. You can also find their details like major features and options in our “Buying Guide” to easily differentiate between them. This will allow you to buy the perfect refrigerant recovery machine for your needs
Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines
5 Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines Reviews
As you can tell by the name, Robinair makes a wide range of products that are related to pneumatic tools, including a refrigerant recovery machine that is quite affordable.
The Robinair RG3 portable refrigerant recovery machine is present in the 1st position in this article as it is the cheapest option mentioned in this article. Despite its lower price tag, you get a very similar performance to more expensive options that results in a high value for money. You get a ⅓ HP power rating with this refrigerant recovery machine that is decent.
As for the air pressure rating, it is rated at 550 PSI that is the same as almost all other models out there. Even though it is an affordable option, it comes with a decent build quality, which is always great to have. Unfortunately, its warranty is only rated at 30 days that can be an issue if you want a reliable option.
- Power rating of ⅓ HP
- Pressure rating of 550 PSI
- 30-day long warranty
- Decent build quality for the given price point
- Affordable price tag for users on a budget
- Decent performance for a high value for money
- Works with both liquid and vapor refrigerant
- Only a 30-day long warranty from the manufacturer
Appion is one of the smaller brands out there when it comes to refrigerant recovery machines that manage to offer a decent number of features and options in models.
Appion’s G5 TWIN refrigerant recovery machine is present in the 2nd position in this article because of the fact that it comes with a twin-cylinder design that you can tell by its name. This twin-cylinder design allows it to have a pretty standard power rating of ½ HP that should be more than enough for most users out there.
Just like most other options out there, you get a pressure rating of 550 PSI with this refrigerant recovery machine unit. Apart from being powerful, this refrigerant also offers a reliable pump design that comes with a 1-year long warranty. In fact, you even get a decent build quality that can be expected at the given price tag.
- Power rating of ½ HP
- Pressure rating of 550 PSI
- 1-year long warranty
- Twin-cylinder design for high performance
- Small and compact form factor for ease of use
- Great performance due to twin cylinders
- Comes with a long warranty and a great build quality
- Price tag is a bit on the higher side
The recovery machine from Fieldpiece we have here has a powerful 1 HP motor along with a super-sized condenser. The combination of these two makes it an ideal tool for jobs that are hotter and longer than usual.
It successfully compresses more refrigerants at twice the RPM (3,300) and twice the horsepower which means it can smoothly handle heavy DC motors. Furthermore, It features a dual cylinder compressor that is completely water-resistant and can withstand even heavy rains.
This easy-to-use tool comes with a sophisticated display that gives accurate readings. It weighs 9.9 kg so you don’t have to put much effort into carrying it around.
- Ability to protect from voltage drop
- One dial self purge
- Long-life and very little friction with ceramic cylinders
- Extra-large condenser for faster cooling
- Easy access ports
- Powerful motor and super-sized condenser
- Comfortable-sized backlit display
- After-sales service can be better
Inficon is an industrial and heavy-duty brand of refrigerant recovery machines that offer highly powerful models for easy use with any AC unit.
The Inficon 714-202-G1 Vortex refrigerant recovery machine is the most powerful option present in this article as it offers the highest performance numbers. As per its name, it is a dual cylinder design refrigerant recovery machine that is able to offer up to 1 HP power rating thanks to its 120-volt electric motor. You even get a high air pressure rating of 550 PSI that is more than enough for most users.
Apart from being highly powerful, you also get a great build quality with this refrigerant recovery machine. In fact, it even comes with a 3-year long warranty that is much higher than most other options out there. Due to this, it is the most powerful, as well as the most durable and reliable option mentioned in this article.
- Power rating of 1 HP
- Pressure rating of 550 PSI
- 3-year long warranty
- Offers a dual cylinder design
- Most powerful refrigerant recovery machine option
- Offers an excellent build quality for rigidity
- Comes with a long warranty for peace of mind
- A bit on the expensive side
Yellow Jacket is one of the latest brands of refrigerant recovery machines that happen to be making highly premium models that offer decent performance to the user.
Yellow Jacket’s 95760 is the most expensive and a highly premium option in this article that can be a great pick for certain users who are looking for a refrigerant recovery machine. Since this is a premium product, it comes with a great build quality for the user. When combined with its 1-year long warranty, you can expect it to easily last for a long time in the long run.
Talking about the performance number, you get a power rating of ½ HP with this Yellow Jacket refrigerant recovery machine. Although, its air pressure rating of 517 PSI is a bit lower than other options out there. And at the given premium price tag, you would expect better performance out of it.
- Power rating of ½ HP
- Pressure rating of 517 PSI
- 1-year long warranty
- Great build quality with small form factor
- Multiple gauges and controls for proper control
- Offers long warranty and decent build quality
- Decent performance numbers
- Highly expensive refrigerant recovery machine
- Pressure rating is slightly lower than others
Best Refrigerant Recovery Machine Buying Guide
A good refrigerant recovery machine is not easy to purchase. There are several factors you need to consider before making a complete decision. As there are a lot of brands and numerous thing to consider, you will find our buying guide extremely helpful.
So, what is there to consider when purchasing a refrigerant recovery machine? Well, there are a few things, take a look…
1. Weight and Portability
The portability is one of the most important qualities you should be on a lookout while getting a good refrigerant recovery machine.
If you are on the move with the said piece of machinery, visiting house to house, climbing on the roofs, or reaching other high places, then you need to invest a bit to get an advanced recovery machine that is lightweight and easily manageable. With the advancement of technology, machines are getting smaller and smaller.
So, getting a recovery machine a lighter in weight will be helpful while you are on the job.
2. Speed of Recovery
As we are talking about a recovery machine, the speed of recovery also matters. It is an important quality of consideration. The fastest working refrigerant recovery machines are equipped with dual-cylinders. So, if you are looking for speed, then you should look for dual-cylinder refrigerant machines.
Another thing factors in the sped of the recovery, which is the type of compressor used by the machine. There are 2 types of compressors used on these machines; oil-less and hermetic.
Once there was a debate on which one performs the best. But you don’t need to care about that, as of 2017 a majority of refrigerant recovery machines are using an oil-less compressor, as they provide better recovery rates.
But you need to be prepared to pay higher and also recovery machines with bigger oil-less models can handle more than one refrigerant.
The price tag on the refrigerant recovery machine will most definitely factor in your choice while purchasing.
Let’s make one thing very clear; these machines are not cheap. Even the cheapest models come with a $500 price tag. But the overall price varies from $500 to $8,000.
The price range is exceptionally large due to the quality factors and demands required for the machine to operate at the optimum efficiency.
The high-grade machines are capable of multiple refrigerant recovery at the same time and fast. So, they will have a significantly higher price tag.
But if you are going for the small portable recovery machine, then you will get it for cheap. But you also need to remember that they are not designed for heavy-duty work. So, balancing your need is the key to finding that sweet point where your budget meets the required productivity.
Finally, the warranty for the refrigerant recovery machines. It is fairly common to say, the longer the warranty, the better. If you are going for a recovery machine designed by a recognized company, then you will be offered extended warranties addition to the existing warranty.
There is also the after-sale support that you should look into. Especially if you are going to use the machine for heavy-duty tasks, then knowing that an expert will arrive with a single call will give you peace of mind.
You need a refrigerant recovery machine while servicing cooling appliances like an AC unit. These machines are quite powerful and allow you to service a refrigerator quite easily. So, we have mentioned some of the best refrigerant recovery machines in this article. You can also find their major features and options to easily differentiate between them. If that is not enough for you, then here are some of our favorite refrigerant recovery machine recommendations:
- The Inficon refrigerant recovery machine is the most powerful option present in this article due to its power rating of 1 HP. As for the pressure rating, it is rated at 550 PSI that is the same as other options along with a 3-year long warranty.
- If you are on a budget, you can go with the Robinair refrigerant recovery machine as it is the cheapest option present in this article. Despite the lower price tag, you get a decent ⅓ HP power rating along with a pressure rating of 550 PSI for ease of use.
- You should also consider the Fieldpiece MR45 Recovery Machine as it is another affordable option. It offers a 1 HP power rating for a slightly higher pressure rating of 550 PSI. One of the most unique things about it is that you get extra accessories along with it.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!