Cyclone dust collectors are one of the most versatile tools out there if you want to get rid of any dust or debris from any given material. These use a large hopper and a collection bin to remove dust. You can also buy a cyclone dust collector for your needs after considering the following factors:
- Air Flow: As you would expect, these dust collectors use air to get rid of any dust debris. Due to this, a higher airflow rating of 2000 CFM can easily and quickly get rid of all dust when compared to a lower airflow rating of 1000 CFM or around that.
- Capacity: If you wish to use a cyclone dust collector for industrial uses, you should get one with a high capacity. This includes collection bin capacity options like 50 gallon or 65 gallon where a higher capacity can save a lot of time by cleaning a lot of dust at once.
- Motor Power: Almost all of the cyclone dust collector models out there use an electric motor for power. Thus, the power rating of this motor is quite important that includes options like 2 HP or 3 HP, out of which a higher rating is more powerful.
There are a wide range of dust collector models out there, including the best cyclone dust collectors present in this article. We have also mentioned their major features and options along with a detailed “Buying Guide” so that you can buy the perfect one for you after following this article until the end.
Top Cyclone Dust Collectors
5 Best Cyclone Dust Collectors Reviews
Shop Fox brand supplies high-quality tools at stunning budget-friendly prices. The sophisticated dust collector comes with a single-phase motor that runs at 3450 rpm and has 1.5-horsepower. With such impressive power, it makes sure that there are no dust particles left behind.
Moreover, it features a 12-inch steel impeller that moves 1280 cu. feet of air per minute. The steel impeller also handles the debris that has been collected and transfers it into a 2.5-micron filter bag.
You can connect more than one machine for dust collection with its Y-fitting. This unique functionality comes with two 4-inch openings. You can easily remove the Y-fitting if you don’t need two ports and use a direct 6-inch inlet or you can simply cap off one of the 4-inch inlets.
You can fix the dust collector to one place or you can move it around for your convenience. It comes with bolt holes at the bottom for you to easily install the machine on a sturdy floor. Furthermore, the dust collector comes with a safety switch to prevent any unauthorized use and prevent accidents.
- Motor size: 1-1/2 HP, 110V, Single-phase, 3,450 RPM
- 1280 CFM air suction capacity
- 12-inch steel impeller
- 2.5-micron bag filter
- 48.9 kg weight
- Sturdy built
- Highly durable
- Powder-coated finish
- Heavy-duty impeller
- Removable Y-fitting
- Quick-release band clamp
- After-sales service can be better
Jet is one of the most popular brands of cleaning tools like a dust collector and offers a wide range of models. As you would expect, it also makes a cyclone style dust collector for both industrial and consumer usage that offers great performance.
Jet JCDC-3 cyclone dust collector is present in the 2nd position in this article as it is the most reliable and durable option present in this article. This is due to the reason that it offers an excellent build quality that is even better than most of the more expensive options out there. Apart from having a great build quality, you also get a 5-year long warranty with this cyclone dust collector. This means that you can rely on this dust collector for a long time and clean a lot of dust over time without facing any reliability issues as such. And it is able to offer this at a justified price tag.
Even though the build quality and warranty period of this dust collector makes it perfect for industrial usage, the performance from its 3 HP electric motor leaves the user wanting for more since it has an airflow rating of just 1240 CFM. Thankfully, you do get a large-sized collection bin capacity that is rated at 66 gallons and the highest in this article. As a result, you can use it to filter out a lot of dust quite easily. You get inbuilt wheels in this cyclone dust collector that allows you to easily move this dust collector around your workplace quite easily.
- Airflow rating of 1240 cubic feet per minute
- 3 HP electric motor
- 63-gallon collection bin capacity
- 5-year long warranty
- Excellent build quality
- Comes with inbuilt wheels for easily moving around your workshop
- Offers a large-sized collection bin for saving time
- Efficient and silent electric motor
- Most reliable and durable cyclone dust collector in this article
- Large-sized collection bin for removing a lot of dust at once
- Wheels on the bottom for ease of use while moving the dust collector
- Airflow rating of 1240 CFM could have been higher
- Slightly on the larger and heavier side
Festool is a brand of cleaning tools and equipment that is known for making affordable and value for money products and power tools. As a result, its cyclone dust separator is also quite affordable, which makes it perfect for users who are on a budget.
This Festool 204083 CT cyclone dust collector is present in the 3rd position in this article as it is the cheapest option mentioned here that makes it a great pick for users who are on a budget. Even though it has a lower price tag, you still get a lot of features with this cyclone dust collector. All of these features and options offered by it make it a great value for money option for a lot of users out there. That being said, this cyclone dust collector is more ideal for home applications and not for industrial usage. As a result, you get a lower 5.3-gallon collection bin capacity.
Talking about its performance, Festool does not offer any specific airflow rating to the user. But for the given home application usage, it’s electric motor should be more than enough for most users out there. Unlike other budget options out there, this one offers a 3-year long warranty for peace of mind. Its build quality is also quite decent and should last for a long period of time without any issues.
- Decently powerful electric motor
- 3-gallon collection bin capacity
- 3-year long warranty
- Great build quality for the given price
- Easy to use design for first-time users out there
- Affordable price tag for budget buyers and users
- One of the cheapest cyclone dust collector for budget buyers and users
- Offers a lot of handy features and options for a high value for money
- Decent build quality and a long warranty period for peace of mind
- Collection bin capacity of 5.3 gallons is quite low
- No airflow rating is given by Festool
As mentioned earlier, Jet is a popular brand of dust collecting machines and equipment. Therefore, we are here with another cyclone dust collector that is a bit affordable than the previous one.
The Jet JCDC-2 cyclone dust collector is another great option for those of you who are looking for a reliable and durable cyclone dust collector. This is due to the reason that just like the previous Jet cyclone dust collector, this one also offers a 5-year long warranty. Although, the build quality and construction are not as good as the previous one since you can get a better option at the given price tag. Thankfully, the price tag of this cyclone dust collector is quite justified, especially when you consider its performance and other features.
As per its name, you get a 2 HP electric motor in this cyclone dust collector that uses both 110 volts as well as 220-volt electricity. Due to this motor, you are able to get a decent airflow rating of 938 CFM that should be more than enough for the given price tag and collection bin capacity. Talking about collection bin capacity, it uses a 30-gallon collection bin that makes it perfect for both industrial and smaller applications. A highly useful feature of this cyclone dust collector is that it comes with inbuilt wheels that can be useful for moving it around your workshop if needed.
- Airflow rating of 938 cubic feet per minute
- 2 HP electric motor
- 30-gallon collection bin capacity
- 5-year long warranty
- Decently powerful motor for an optimum airflow rating
- Collection bin offers a balance for both industrial as well as home usage
- Justified price tag for the given price tag
- One of the most reliable and durable cyclone dust collectors out there
- Offers wheels on the bottom for easily moving it around
- Build quality could have been better
- Slightly large and bulky form factor and design
If you are familiar with Grizzly, then you must have heard about it in the past as it makes a wide range of options out there. You can even find a decent cyclone dust collector option from Grizzly that offers good performance and various features to the user.
Grizzly Industrial’s G0860 cyclone dust collector can be another great option for industrial usage, as suggested as per its given name. You get a high airflow rating of 868 CFM with this cyclone dust collector that is possible due to its 1.5 HP electric motor that is highly powerful. Unfortunately, this electric motor is quite loud when compared with other options out there. Moving on, you get a large 55 gallon capacity with the collection bin of this cyclone dust collector for easily cleaning a lot of material at once.
Talking about its build quality, while the construction of this cyclone dust collector unit is quite sturdy and strong, you only get a 1-year long warranty with it. Due to this, it is simply not the best option out there if you are looking for a reliable and durable option. Although, you do get a pretty decent value for money with this cyclone dust collector due to its justified price tag and the various features that it offers to the user. Its plastic bag is made out of high-quality plastic that is quite flexible that makes this cyclone dust collector slightly more durable.
- Airflow rating of 868 cubic feet per minute
- 1.5 HP electric motor
- 20-gallon collection bin capacity
- 1-year long warranty
- Justified price tag for a decent value for money
- Comes with a high-quality plastic bag that is also flexible
- Great performance makes for an ideal industrial dust collector
- Good build quality for peace of mind
- Offers a large collection bin for cleaning a lot of material at once
- Only a 1 long year warranty
- Slightly high power consumption
Buying Guide for the Best Cyclone Dust Collector
Although, if you are still confused, then we are here with a detailed buying guide related to cyclone dust collectors. You can find a lot of important and handy factors and aspects in this buying guide that you should know before buying a dust collector. So, make sure to follow this buying guide until the end if you are in the market for a new cyclone dust collector:
1. Air Flow Rating
After going through this article and the various cyclone dust collectors mentioned here, you must know that these use air for removing dust from any given material. Therefore, it should use a lot of air to ensure that all of the dust gets removed properly. You can find the airflow rating of cyclone dust collectors mentioned in CFM or cubic per minute.
And as you would expect, a higher CFM airflow rating results in higher performance. While some cyclone dust collectors come with an airflow rating around 2000 CFM, other options might have a rating of 1000 CFM. When compared with each other, the 2000 CFM rating is much better and offers a high cleaning performance to the user.
2. Motor Power
Generally, a cyclone dust collector uses an electric motor for powering its whole mechanism. This motor is responsible for providing air to the dust collector so that it can remove all dust and debris properly. As a result, the electric motor of your cyclone dust collector should be highly powerful to ensure that you do not get any power issues down the road.
Thankfully, you can find the motor power rating mentioned with almost all of the cyclone dust collectors out there. This is due to the reason that they have their motor power mentioned in HP, including options like 2 HP or 3 HP electric motors in different dust collectors. Out of these two options, the 3 HP electric motor offers higher performance for better results.
Once you have removed all of the dust and debris from a given material, it needs to be collected in one place so that you can easily use it. To help you out with this, cyclone dust collectors usually have a collection bin at the bottom that keeps collecting the final cleaned product. Although, as you would expect, if you want to collect a lot of material after cleaning it, you need a large collection bin.
Because of this, while some models have small or average-sized cyclone dust collectors, other industrial options offer a higher capacity to the user. You can find both 30 gallon as well as 60-gallon collection bins in different cyclone dust collectors. As you would expect, the higher 60-gallon capacity is more handy and viable for industrial applications.
4. Size and Form Factor
Even though a cyclone dust collector is not a portable tool by any means, its size and form factor is still quite important and something that you need to check before buying one. It is important as while some users need a dust collector for industrial usage, others might be using one at their home in the garage.
Due to this, any cyclone dust collector that is able to offer high performance while having a compact form factor is the more ideal option. Some models even offer inbuilt wheels that make movement quite easy even if you have a large cyclone dust collector.
5. Durability and Warranty
Usually, cyclone dust collectors are quite expensive and cannot be bought again and again that easily. Therefore, you would want your cyclone dust collector to be reliable and durable that can last for a long time. The easiest way to ensure is to check the warranty duration offered along with a given dust collector.
While most of the options out there come with a 1-year long warranty, others may offer a 5-year long warranty. Such options are clearly better for longevity and peace of mind. Just like the warranty, you can also check the build quality of a given cyclone dust collector and make sure that you are buying a well built one.
Whether you run a large scale industry or want to clean things in a small workshop, a cyclone dust collector can be a quick and easy way to do so. As a result, there are a lot of cyclone dust collector models out there.
While choosing one of them can be a bit difficult, we are here with the best cyclone dust collectors along with their major features and options to help you out. You can even find a detailed buying guide in this article that will take you through various things related to such dust collecting machines. If you want further help, make sure to consider the following cyclone dust collector recommendations:
- If you want a highly powerful cyclone dust collector for large scale operations, you can go with the Shop Fox Dust Collector. It offers a high airflow rating of 1280 CFM along with a large 42 gallon capacity along with a 2-year long warranty.
- However, the Jet JCDC-3 cyclone dust collector is the most reliable and durable option present in this article. You get an excellent build quality along with a 5-year long warranty with it for peace of mind.
- You can also consider the Festool 204083 if you are on a budget as it is one of the most affordable options out there. Although, with its 5.3-gallon capacity, it is oriented for smaller and simpler requirements. It offers a 3-year long warranty that is always great to have.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!