At Nokia we are seeking an experienced Applied R&D Engineer to join our NCC Global Services Delivery (GSD) Team, based in India.
As a member NCC Global Services (GS) Team, you will plan and execute NCC (a leading real-time rating and online charging application which provides an operator with voice/data in 4G/5G network) feature implementation & validation in an end-to-end network level testing environment. NCC Global Services (GS) Team is responsible for deploying products in Charging domain.
As a self-starter, you will have the opportunity to verify NCC functionality including DevOps automated test, call processing, database, system recovery, measurements and software release update in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will interact and work with internal Nokia and external customer teams globally.
- Understanding overall customer network requirements
- Working with the systems engineers and developers to review feature requirements
- Developing the appropriate test plans
- Executing and analyzing test results to assure that feature and system requirements are met from customer network perspective.
- Taking ownership for complex issues and demonstrate excellent leadership in resolving issues while collaborating with deeply technical, subject matter experts.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics and Communications or relevant field , with strong software interest)
- 4 -8 years of experience in NCC or any other 3rd party OCS systems.
- Working knowledge of NCC feature functionality (or) any other 3rd party OCS with ability to independently author, test and deliver high quality complex MOPs and functional tests
- Strong background in 4G/5G charging testing or development with good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills with experience reporting project status to an internal and customer audience
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent analytical skill and ability to produce high quality tariff design, test plan, and test cases is essential
- Experienced with VNF/CNF onboarding and orchestrations is essential.
- Hands on experience on deployment, integration and configuration of NCC applications in complex customer networks.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot NCC issues and work across teams to provide resolutions
- Experience in test automation including Robot, Cucumber etc.
- Experience in charging feature development/testing
- Hands-on knowledge with cloud technologies & projects involving various Network Function Virtualization Infrastructures (NFVI) like Openstack and VMWare
- Knowledge of Diameter/HTTP2 protocol (Ro, Rx, Sd, Gx, Gy/Sy, N7, N28, N40) & Voice Protocol (CAPv2, v3) including simulation tools.
- Experienced with NCC platform or applications based on Nokia CSF platform is also a plus
- Networking protocols including IS-41/IS-826/ISUP, LDAP, TCP/IP, HTTP, Routing, and Firewalls is a plus.
- Tariff design (or) Product catalogue creation for Prepaid/Postpaid OCS is a plus.
- Knowledge on Kubernetes and docker containers is a plus.
- Commercial data bases, knowledge of Aerospike DB would be a key differentiator.
- Scripting knowledge in Python, Shell, Java Scripts/Angular JS, Bash, and Ansible.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the customer segment using these products.
Location: Bengaluru and Noida