In case your house has a pretty large basement area, or crawl space under the building, there’s a high chance of mold build up in the area because of excess moisture. That’s also a very common situation in under-construction sites where moisture can create big problems. Well, all of such situations can be easily handled by using a commercial dehumidifier that can keep the humidity levels under control. Thus, we have shortlisted some of the best commercial dehumidifiers from that market which have been chosen based on these factors:
- Floor Area: The floor is basically the measurement that tells you about the working range of a dehumidifier. In this list, we have included all kinds of options suitable for different sizes of areas ranging from 1000 square feet to 8000 square feet as well. So, depending on the area size where you want to use the dehumidifier, you can pick a suitable option very easily.
- Humidity Removal Rating: The humidity removal rating of the dehumidifiers basically tells you about the amount of water a dehumidifier can remove from the air in a full day. Basically, the commercial dehumidifiers are very powerful and can remove up to 70 to 150 pints per day, it depends on the model you pick.
- Drainage System: Since the commercial dehumidifiers can remove water from the air in a fairly large amount, you should look at the drainage system of the dehumidifier as well. In general, the commercial dehumidifiers either use gravity draining methods or continuous drainage, which are both convenient.
In case you want to know more about commercial dehumidifiers before you pick one for your home. We have mentioned a detailed “Buying Guide” covering up all the things to consider before buying a commercial dehumidifier. So, don’t forget to read that section as well, it’s mentioned down below in this article. Until then, let’s quickly check out the list of the best commercial dehumidifiers which are available out there currently.
8 Best Commercial Dehumidifiers in 2021
Best Commercial Dehumidifiers in 2021: Reviews
Aprilaire is a highly renowned brand out there that makes a wide variety of commercial dehumidifiers ideal for large areas like basement, crawl spaces, etc.
We are listing the Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier in 1st position in this listicle since it’s quite powerful and offers good value for your money. The 1820 Pro model from Aprilaire comes with high-quality aluminum coils which are corrosion-resistant as well, which makes it a highly durable product. Speaking of its performance, it uses a powerful fan that has a decent airflow rate of 200CFM. That said, this dehumidifier can effectively remove moisture from the air up to an area around 2800 square feet, and uses a continuous drainage system to pour out the water.
It can extract up to 70 pints per day moisture from the air in a full day of usage, which is quite commendable. Apart from that, it relatively keeps the humidity levels below 60%; however, you can also set the desired humidity levels as per your own likings as well. Although the size of the dehumidifier is pretty huge, since it requires one-time installation, we have no complaints about that. All the installation accessories are also provided in the package itself. What else is provided by the manufacturer is a 5-year long warranty which ensures the customers about its highly durable build quality.
- Comes with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils
- Has an airflow rate of 200CFM
- Ideal for spaces up to 2800 square feet
- Removes up to 70 pints per day
- Can maintain humidity levels below 60% continuously
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Uses continuous draining system
- Highly powerful and effective
- Comes with all the necessary accessories
- Value for money pricing
In case your region has extremely humid conditions, and you are looking for a powerful dehumidifier, do consider options from Alorair as they are all an ideal choice.
The Alorair Sentinel HD55 model holds the 2nd position in this list because of its impressive build quality and advanced features. This dehumidifier is a perfect option to pick to use in tightly sealed areas like basements since it can even work in high temperatures like 104 Degrees Fahrenheit. Although it normally removes 55 pints per day at AHAM conditions, in the case of saturated conditions, it can boost its performance to remove up to 120 pints per day without an issue. This dehumidifier is an ideal option for floor area up to 1300 square feet since it uses a decent fan that runs at 130CFM.
Although it’s an extremely powerful dehumidifier, it comes with an Energy Star rating which makes it one of the most power-saving and eco-friendly options out there. Apart from that, it does have the Auto Defrost feature to keep the coils always clean and working, even at low temperatures like 36 degrees Fahrenheit. This dehumidifier uses the gravity draining method for water removal from the unit, so all you need to do is connect the unit with a drain hose. If you are concerned about the warranty, Aloraire offers a 5-year warranty also.
- Upper-temperature limit is 104 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Can work efficiently at 55 pints per day in AHAM conditions
- 120 pints per day removal rating in saturated conditions
- Can cover up to 1300 Square Feet
- Airflow rate is 130CFM
- Comes with Energy Star Rating
- Has an auto defrost function
- Uses Gravity Draining method
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Highly durable and long-lasting
- Easy to install
- Power saving and Eco-friendly
- Does not have any advanced features
Waykar is an amazing brand choice to pick if you are looking for a high-quality commercial dehumidifier that’s portable and easy to use as well since all its offerings are like that.
Speaking about this particular model, we have placed this one in 3rd position in this list as it is loaded with features and comes at a really interesting price point. Its design is pretty elegant and perfectly ideal to use indoors. That said, it can effectively remove up to 130 pints per day from a floor area up to 6000 square feet. If you are concerned about the features, this dehumidifier is equipped with a 24-hour built-in timer function, Auto Defrost, and also has a power outage auto-restart function as well.
Although the unit is quite large in size, you can easily move it around from one place to another, thanks to the heavy-duty castor wheels at the bottom. On top of it, you get a control panel with a digital display that shows you all the information about the settings in a precise manner, and allows you to adjust the desired humidity levels, fan speed, timer function, etc. Since it’s a portable dehumidifier, it offers you a dual drainage system.
You can either use the continuous drainage system as it comes with a 2-meter long drain hose. On the other hand, it also has a huge 5 liters tank, in case you want to drain the water manually. When it detects the tank is full, the auto shut-off feature also activates.
- Ideal for floor area up to 6000 square feet
- Built-in 24 hour timer function
- Has Auto Defrost function
- Auto restart after a power outage
- Comes with castor wheels for easy mobility
- Has a digital display control panel
- Removes up to 130 pints per day
- Also has adjustable humidity levels, fan speed, timer function
- Dual drainage options, and 5 Liters tank
- Comes with plenty of advanced features
- Has a 2-meter long drain hose and a huge 5 liters tank
- Portable and Stylish design
Dri-Eaz is definitely a good brand choice if you are looking for a professional dehumidifier in a portable design. Although its offerings are a bit expensive, you should have a look at least.
The Dri-Eaz 1200 Commercial Dehumidifier comes with a very rugged outer housing, which makes it a highly durable product. To move around this dehumidifier with convenience, it has a hefty handle and two wheels at the bottom as well. If you are concerned about its performance, it is rated ideal for spaces up to 12000 cubic feet, which is really a decent characteristic of this dehumidifier. In addition, it is highly powerful and can simply remove up to 8 gallons (145 pints) per day without any hassle.
It is built to last since the outer housing is quite sturdy and is capable of withstanding low and high temperatures ranging between 33-100 degrees Fahrenheit. That said, the hot-gas bypass function for fast defrosting comes in really handy, especially in low temperatures. To control this machine, you get an electronic touchpad at the top, which is extremely easy to use. For this amazing package, Dri-Eaz also offers a 1-year warranty.
- Ideal for 12000 cubic feet spaces
- Removes up to 145 pints per day
- Can handle temperatures ranging from 33-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Has a hot-gas bypass auto defrost function
- Comes with an electronic touchpad
- Covered under 1-year warranty
- Heavy-duty outer housing
- Extremely durable build quality
- Portable and easy to use
Although we have covered so many powerful commercial dehumidifiers so far, not a single one of them can compare to this heavy-duty offering from Colzer.
This commercial dehumidifier from Colzer is a good option for you if you want a reliable dehumidifier for basements, crawl space, under-construction sites, etc. At AHAM conditions, it is rated to remove up to 120 pints per day, but in saturated conditions, it can perform to remove up 212 pints in a single day. Since it removes so much water, its continuous drainage system works wonderfully and keeps the mess away from the site. In addition, it also has an auto drain, auto defrost, and auto restart after power outage features.
With its powerful fan having a 353 CFM airflow rate, this dehumidifier covers up to 8000 square feet area, which is by far the best we have seen. To drain out the water, it uses a dedicated pump that throws out the water via the 16-foot long drain hose that comes along the package. Moreover, it does not run continuously; instead, it keeps stopping from time to time to maintain the humidity at a certain level and saves electricity at the same time.
- Can remove up to 212 pints per day in saturated conditions
- A high airflow rate of 353CFM
- Covers up to 8000 square feet
- Comes with a 16-foot long drain hose
- Has auto defrost function
- Continuous draining with water pump
- Auto restart after power outage function
- Highly powerful
- Ideal for very large sites
- Build quality is fantastic
There are very few brands out there that offer a good dehumidifier at an attractive price point, and hOmeLabs is surely one of them.
This commercial dehumidifier from hOmeLabs is an ideal option to use at commercial spaces, basements, and job sites since it’s easily maneuverable, thanks to the heavy-duty wheels. The special part about this dehumidifier is that it can continuously work for 24 hours, along with the auto defrost function turned on. Moreover, it also includes a water pump inside that effectively drains out water through a 5-meter long drain pipe that comes in the package as an accessory.
Speaking of its performance, this dehumidifier can cover up to 4000 square feet of area, thanks to its powerful 265CFM fan. In fact, it can remove humidity from the air at a rate of 140 pints per day, which is again a great thing considering how good its pricing is. Apart from that, if you want to use it for a few hours only, you can even set a timer, after which it will auto shut off. In addition, the brand also offers a 2-year warranty for this dehumidifier.
- Has heavy-duty wheels for mobility
- Features a 24-hour timer function
- Removes up to 140 pints per day
- Also has Auto Defrost feature
- Comes with a 5 meters long drain hose
- Ideal for spaces up to 4000 Square feet
- Airflow rate of 265CFM
- Covered under 2-year warranty
- Has a washable filter
- Portable and Easy to use
- Drain hose included in the package
- Very heavy and big in size
If you own a store or want to keep a dehumidifier in indoor environments usually, Kensos has a good range of stylish-looking commercial dehumidifiers for you.
This dehumidifier from Kensos is basically an ideal solution for large spaces up to 7500 square feet. Although it is designed to be used in basements, you can simply use it anywhere you want as it looks so elegant and futuristic. On a heavily humid day, this dehumidifier can effectively remove up to 155 pints per day from the air and throw it out via a drain hose continuously. However, if there’s no drainage area nearby, you can set it to collect the water in its 5 Liters tank and dispose of it later on. That said, it is perfectly fit for indoor environments as you can easily move it around, thanks to the castor wheels.
With this dehumidifier, you will also receive a 2 meters long drain hose along with the package, so there should not be a need to purchase one from the after-market. However, when it is set to drain water in the tank, it can automatically shut off once the tank gets full, and also shows an indicator light for the same. Although it is intelligent enough to control the humidity levels, you can set them on your own as well. In addition, you get a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer as well.
- Ideal for spaces up to 7500 square feet
- Removes up to 155 pints per day
- Uses continuous draining system
- Features a 5 Liters tank as well for manual draining
- Has an auto shut off feature
- Also has an auto defrost function
- Intelligent humidity control
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Includes a 2 meters long drain hose
- Elegant design and finish
- Operates quietly
- Requires a lot of maintenance
Lastly, we have a commercial dehumidifier option from BlueDri that comes for a really competitive price as compared to other options on this list.
We would say this dehumidifier is also quite a powerful option since it’s capable of extracting up to 150 pints in a single day from the air. Moreover, the working area of this dehumidifier is mentioned to be 2000 square feet. Apart from that, it comes with an automatic water pump to release out the condensed water via its long drain hose that comes attached to it. The best part about this dehumidifier is that it comes with four wheels which makes it a highly portable option.
If you look at the top of this dehumidifier, you will find a digital panel that comes in handy to adjust the settings, and for real-time monitoring as well. It has both RH and temperature sensors built-in that help this dehumidifier control humidity and maintain it at a certain level. Along with that, this dehumidifier is also equipped with a timer function and auto-restart function in case it stops due to a power outage. In addition, the manufacturer also offers a 1-year warranty on this dehumidifier which can also be extended at a small amount.
- Ideal for 2000 square feet spaces
- Can remove up to 150 pints per day
- Features a water pump for draining
- Comes with wheels for mobility
- Digital panel with controls
- Has a timer and auto restart function
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Effective dehumidifier for job sites
- Has a high-efficiency rotary compressor
Buying Guide for the Best Commercial Dehumidifier
Whenever you are out to get a new commercial dehumidifier for your home, office, shop, basements area, crawl space, etc. There are a few things that you should keep in mind to pick the best available option from the market.
We have already discussed a few factors in the beginning, but now we will be going a little in-depth and tell you about some other factors that you should always consider checking before buying. Hence, we suggest you read this short and detailed buying guide until the end if you are buying a dehumidifier for the first time. Let’s begin!
No matter where you are going to use the dehumidifier, it can be a basement area, crawl space, or even indoors. Not all commercial dehumidifiers are the same as they all have a different working range. If you are very certain about the size of the area where you will be using the dehumidifier, picking the right choice won’t be a hard task. In this list, we have mentioned dehumidifiers which are ideal for area sizes ranging from 1300 square feet to 8000 square feet. Hence, according to the area, and working range of the dehumidifier, you can pick the most suitable option for yourself.
As we said earlier, all the commercial dehumidifiers have different potential and ratings. If you want to pick a powerful dehumidifier, we have mentioned some really good options in the list that can remove up to 150-200 pints per day which is good for highly moist areas. However, if you don’t have such high requirements, you can settle with some dehumidifier with a 70-150 pints per day removal rating as it would cost a lot less than the heavy-duty options.
In the case of commercial dehumidifiers, most of the models are generally stationary. And, since they are so good at extracting water at higher rates, they generally use continuous drain systems or gravity draining. In both these systems, the water drains out via a drain hose that is connected with the dehumidifier unit. While some expensive units come with dedicated water pumps to throw out water quickly, some models use gravity to slowly and continuously release out water. On the other hand, we have also mentioned some indoor-friendly options on the list, which also come with a storage tank of 5 liters capacity. You can simply take out the tanks as they are usually detachable and drain the water manually as well.
Apart from the basic performance features, you should look for some additional advanced features on the units as well. Generally, a commercial dehumidifier is placed in odd locations of the building where an individual cannot go frequently, such as crawl space. In that case, the dehumidifier should have features like auto defrost, auto drain, auto restart after a power outage so that it can be convenient for you. Moreover, if you are going to get an indoor-friendly commercial dehumidifier, you can look for other features like auto shut-off, timer functions, etc.
Fan Speed and Noise
Generally, most commercial dehumidifiers come with highly powerful fans so they can cover up larger areas and remove humidity to a larger extent. You will notice the better the fan speed is, the better it will be at removing humidity quickly. However, not every brand mentions the fan speed with the unit, but usually, it lies between 100-300CFM depending on the model of the dehumidifier. Apart from that, you should know that a faster running fan will make more noise which can be slightly disturbing as well. However, if you are using the dehumidifier in the basement, crawl space, or job sites, the noise should not be an issue.
If you want to check the durability of a dehumidifier, you can take a look at the upper-temperature limit. A good commercial dehumidifier, if designed properly and built sturdy, can easily withstand uncommon temperature conditions like as high as 104 degrees Fahrenheit, and as low as 30 degrees Fahrenheit without facing any problems.
Last but not the least, don’t forget to check for the warranty whenever you purchase a commercial dehumidifier. The commercial dehumidifiers are actually a very expensive investment so you should be sure that its parts are not going to need any replacement any time soon since they also come for a huge price. In the list, there are options from brands that offer 1 year long, 2 years long, and even 5 year warranty for their products which is great.
- Wrapping this article here, as you know, we have mentioned some of the best commercial dehumidifiers which are available at the moment. All the features, along with the pros and cons of the dehumidifiers are also mentioned so that you can pick the right option for yourself. In case you do not know much about dehumidifiers and finding it hard to choose, you can consider reading the buying guide for more information. Some of you might also be wondering about our top picks from the list, so here are our personal recommendations for you:
- The Aprilaire 1820 Pro Dehumidifier is one of the best options available on this list since it comes at a really attractive price point. It’s capable of removing up to 70 pints per day from an area up to 2800 square feet. It has quite a high build quality and is also covered under a 5 year long warranty period.
- Next, you can also consider the ALORAIR Basement/Crawl Space Dehumidifiers as it is yet another good option for commercial use. It has an auto-defrost feature and can work all day to remove up to 120 pints in saturated conditions. Moreover, it is an ideal option for spaces up to 1300 square feet.
- In case you are looking for an indoor-friendly option, Waykar Commercial Dehumidifier operates extremely quietly and has a very elegant design. It can remove up to 130 pints per day, covering an area up to 6000 square feet. It has castor wheels for movement and also features a 5 liters detachable tank as well.