If you look into any car these days, you will find stereo systems equipped with Bluetooth, which is quite a convenient feature. However, if you own an old model of car that doesn’t offer you such features. You can simply add them to your car by using an external Bluetooth transmitter device in your car. We have already made a list of the best Bluetooth Transmitters for cars. But, before you choose one, make sure to check for a few things like:
- Bluetooth Version: Since we are talking about Bluetooth devices here, picking the one with the latest technology is important. Most of the Bluetooth transmitters on this list have the Bluetooth 5.0 version that has 8 times fast data transfer rates, 2 times the speed, and around 4 times better coverage than what Bluetooth 4.2 offers.
- Compatibility: Checking the compatibility of the Bluetooth transmitter is quite essential too. You should check if it supports your mobile, the common music formats, and also check what type of connectivity options you get apart from Bluetooth such as AUX, USB port, etc.
- Charging Port: Bluetooth Transmitters use the 12V charging socket of your car. To not compromise the charging feature, you should check if there’s a USB port on the Bluetooth Transmitter device so that you can charge your USB devices like mobile phones through it. This way, you can get a car charger and a Bluetooth Transmitter for your car in one package.
A few more significant factors about Bluetooth Transmitters can become a judging factor for your purchase. Hence, we have covered it all in the detailed “Buying Guide”, which is present below in this article. Now, let’s quickly jump to the list of Best Bluetooth Transmitters for cars and help you find the perfect pick.
8 Best Bluetooth Transmitter for Car in 2021
Best Bluetooth Transmitter for Car in 2021: Reviews
When it comes to Bluetooth Transmitters for cars, Nulaxy is one of the top-tier brands that provides its customers with a wide range of features in its products.
We have put this Bluetooth Transmitter from Nulaxy in 1st position in this list as it is a high value for money product. The special feature about this transmitter is that it comes with a 1.44 inches display that shows you all the information related to incoming calls, FM channel, battery voltage, music, etc. That said, you can easily adjust the volume and FM channels using the buttons given at the front. Speaking of Bluetooth, it is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 that works magnificently and offers good connection stability.
You will love to know that it also features noise-cancellation technology that dampens the road noise and provides you a crystal clear, hands-free calling experience. Apart from that, it also supports Siri/Google Assistant, so you can even control it via voice commands to attend calls, send texts, etc. Apart from that, it’s compatible with all sorts of smartphone devices, tablets, etc. For additional connectivity, it supports a TF card, AUX input as well. In addition, there’s a 5V/2.1A charging USB charging port also available on this Bluetooth Transmitter.
- Comes with a 1-year long warranty
- Features Bluetooth 5.0
- Has a 1.44 inches display
- Supports Google Assistant/Siri
- Offer Hands-free Calling
- Supports Noise Cancellation technology
- Compatible with all smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Has TF Card slot and AUX input
- Comes with a 5V/2.1A USB charging port
- Has the latest Bluetooth technology
- Wide compatibility
- Crystal clear call quality
- Does not have a quick charging port
If you like compact devices, this Bluetooth Transmitter from LIHAN will impress you with its design as well as pricing.
We have decided to put this one in 2nd position in this listicle because it has one of the simplest designs and offers plenty of useful features. The first thing you will notice is that it has two USB ports at the front, one supports 3.1A quick charging while the other one offers 1A charging, and also allows you to play music via a USB drive. Moreover, it also has a small LED display at the front that shows details about FM. Apart from that, it also has to control buttons, and an in-built microphone as well.
Moreover, with the press of a single button, you can easily pick or reject calls on the go. That said, you can enjoy a completely hands-free calling experience if this Bluetooth Transmitter is installed in your car. If you are concerned about Bluetooth, it has the latest Bluetooth v5.0, which is great. This Bluetooth Transmitter is widely compatible with all Android and iOS devices, and any other device that supports Bluetooth. For music playing, you can also use a USB drive and TF cards as well. LIHAN also offers a 12 monthly long warranty for this Bluetooth Transmitter.
- Comes with a 3.1A and 1A charging port
- Has the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- Compatible with all Android and iOS devices
- Supports USB drive and TF card for music playback
- Covered under 12 months long warranty period
- Offers Hands-free calling experience
- Supports quick charging
- Very compact and handy
- Shows battery voltage also
For the readers who are looking for a feature-rich premium Bluetooth Transmitter for their car, this option from Sumind will surely impress you.
It’s in 3rd position in this list because of its beautiful design as it comes with a wide 1.7 inches display at the front along with playback control buttons and a volume knob. It is equipped with Bluetooth v4.2, which is decent enough to use in a car. The best part is that you can connect this device with any of your smart devices as it has broad compatibility. Moreover, you can also use a TF card, USB drive, AUX input/output to listen to your favorite jam. Thanks to the CVC technology, it suppresses the wind and road noise to provide you a clear and hands-free calling experience.
If you hold the ‘next song key for 5 seconds, you can easily turn on/off the FM function on this Bluetooth device. Moreover, it also supports Siri/Google Assistant as well. Coming over to the charging unit, you will get two separate USB ports on this Bluetooth Transmitter. While one of the USB ports supports 2.0A charging and USB reading for music playback. The other USB port supports QC3.0 for fast charging your USB-powered devices like mobile phones, power banks, etc.
- Features Bluetooth v4.2
- Comes with a 2.0A and 3.0A QC port
- Supports Siri/Google Assistant
- CVC technology for better call quality
- Offer Hands-free calling
- Comes with a 1.7 inches display
- Has TF card, USB drive, AUX input
- Build quality is premium
- Easy to operate
- Board compatibility
- Bluetooth version could be better
If you liked the previous offering from Nulaxy, but want to pick a more premium model, you can check out the KM30 as it’s the best offering from Nulaxy.
This Bluetooth Transmitter has quite a premium design and is also loaded with a lot of cool features. The main attraction of this Bluetooth Transmitter is its 1.8 inches color LED screen that shows you all the important information. Apart from wireless music playback and FM radio, this transmitter also provides you the best quality hands-free calling experience.
Thanks to its strong microphone that picks up your voice very clearly and amplifies it to make it even better. With a click of a button, you can select Bass and Treble modes according to your mood and listen to your favorite music.
All the buttons and the volume knob at the front are of extremely premium quality and allow you to control this device very conveniently. On the sides, you get two additional USB ports, one of them supports USB drive input for music playback while the other one offers you QC 3.0 fast charging support. In addition, it also has an AUX connector and a TF card slot that supports cards up to 64GB capacity. If you are concerned about Bluetooth technology, don’t worry as it is equipped with the latest v5.0, which is the best available out there right now.
- Has a 1.8 inches color LED screen
- Offer Hands-free calling
- In-built strong reception microphone
- Comes with Bass and Treble modes
- Has AUX-out and TF card slot
- Two USB ports
- Supports QC3.0
- Equipped with Bluetooth v5.0
- Very Premium
- Call quality is very impressive
- Easy connectivity with Bluetooth 5.0
The Lencent Bluetooth FM Transmitter is the perfect ideal for people who are essentially looking for a budget-friendly product for their car.
This Bluetooth Transmitter has one of the simplest and compact designs that you will surely like. It uses your car’s 12V charging socket and offers you a 5V/2.4A USB charging port in return. There is one more USB port that supports 5V/1A charging, but you can also use it to play music via a USB drive. Moreover, it also has support for TF cards up to 32GBs capacity. Keeping these facts aside, the main highlight of this device is that it comes with the latest Bluetooth v5.0, which allows you highly stable connectivity with all the compatible devices.
No matter if you are using a tablet, iOS device, or Android, it supports all of them and offers you a highly convenient experience. Apart from WMA, and MP3, it also has support for WAV APE FLAC music formats which is great. Thanks to the CVC technology, it suppresses the ambient noises and offers you really premium call quality. Since you can pick and reject calls with the press of a button, you will surely like the Hands-free calling experience with this Bluetooth Transmitter.
- Comes with 5V/2.4A and 5V/1A USB charging port
- Supports WMA, MP3, WAV, APE, FLAC music formats
- Has Bluetooth v5.0
- Compatible with all iOS and Android devices
- Equipped with CVC technology
- Offers Hands-free calling
- Comes with an LED display and ambient light
- Very Affordable pricing
- Equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology
- Supports various music formats
Coming to the next Bluetooth Transmitter, IMDEN is yet another affordable brand you can choose to pick from as its offerings generally have very good build quality.
Looking at its design, it is very compact and will not take up much space in your car. It comes equipped with the latest Bluetooth v5.0, which makes it widely compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices like smartphones, tablets, etc. At the front panel, you get a simple volume knob that also acts as a button to accept or reject calls. Moreover, you can also change FM channels using the same, which is great. Apart from that, this Bluetooth transmitter is equipped with a very strong microphone and CVC noise cancellation technology that suppresses the ambient noises.
As a result, you get a crystal clear hands-free calling experience from this transmitter. Apart from that, this Bluetooth device comes with a total of 3 USB ports. It also has a separate Bass button that can effectively boost the bass in all songs you play via this device. At the bottom, there is an 18W USB Type-C connector, and a QC3.0 USB port. The front USB port can be used to plug in USB drives for music playback. In addition, it does support TF cards up to 32GBs capacity also.
- Features Bluetooth v5.0
- Compatible with all iOS and Android devices
- Built-in mic with CVC noise cancellation technology
- Has 3 USB ports, including QC3.0 and PD 18W Type-C port
- Offers Hands-free calling
- Offers Bass-boost
- Supports Siri/Google Assistant
- Has multiple charging ports
- Bass effects are really good
- Can work with Siri and Google Assistant both
- Does not have AUX or TF card support
We have already discussed a decent Bluetooth Transmitter from LIHAN, so here’s another one if the previous one didn’t impress you well.
There’s one thing common in all Bluetooth Transmitters from LIHAN that is high build quality and compact design. Speaking about this one, you get ambient lights at the front that have 7 different color modes. Moreover, it also has a small LED display to show FM channels and battery voltage. All the music playback controls, call-controls are given at the front as well. Moreover, you get a USB Slot at the front for plugging in USB drives for playing music. There is a separate QC3.0 USB charging port and a USB Type-C PD port as well.
Speaking of the call quality, it has a highly sensitive in-build microphone that picks up your voice nicely and removes the background noises with the help of CVC Noise cancellation technology. Thanks to the Bluetooth v5.0, connectivity stays strong and stable during calls, and also the quality remains always premium whenever you use the hands-free calling feature. Although it does not support AUX input/output, you can use a USB drive or a TF card to play your favorite music.
- Comes with Ambient Light with 7 color modes
- Has Bluetooth v5.0
- Offers Hands-free calling
- Comes with CVC noise cancellation technology
- Also has a USB drive and TF card audio input
- Comes with QC3.0 USB charging port and a USB Type-C PD port
- Affordable pricing
- Has both PD3.0 and QC3.0 ports for charging
- Build quality is very good
Lastly, we would like to address this premium Bluetooth Transmitter from Guanda Technologies that is also a quite popular brand out there.
In this Bluetooth Transmitter, you get a variety of audio inputs such as Bluetooth, AUX-input/output, TF card, and USB drive support up to 32GBs. The design is quite attractive, and you get a total of 2 separate QC3.0 and 5V/2.4A USB charging ports as well. The main unit is connected to the charging unit with a 360° flexible hose which allows you to easily make it face any direction. Moreover, there are a beautiful 1.8 inches LED-backlit display which makes it a lot easier to use this device.
For a better calling experience, Guanda Technologies has also equipped this Bluetooth transmitter with the CVC noise cancellation technology that effectively suppresses the outside noises. Moreover, it has support for both Siri and Google Assistant as well. The best part is that it also offers 5 EQ modes and supports various music formats like MP3, WMA, FLAC, etc. Despite having all such good features, the only downside is that it comes with Bluetooth 4.2, which does not justify the pricing.
- Has AUX-input/output, TF card, and USB drive audio input
- Supports Google Assistant and Siri
- Comes with Bluetooth 4.2
- Hands-free calling with CVC noise cancellation technology
- Has a 1.8 inches LED display
- 5 EQ modes
- Supports MP3, WMA, or FLAC music formats
- Comes with QC3.0 and 5V/2.4A USB charging ports
- Build quality is premium
- Offers all kinds of audio input options
- Offers 7 single-color lighting modes
- Uses an older version of Bluetooth
Buying Guide for the Best Bluetooth Transmitter for Cars
So far, we have discussed so many good Bluetooth Transmitter options, as you can see in the above-mentioned list. Although if you are not able to decide which of these Bluetooth Transmitters will be perfect for you, we will help you out.
In this detailed buying guide, we will mention all the facts and features that should be there is a Bluetooth Transmitter. Hence, if you want to pick the best option for yourself, we suggest you read this simple buying guide until the end as it will be a lot helpful for you to make the final decision about the purchase.
In the Bluetooth Transmitters that are available these days, you will mostly find them equipped with Bluetooth 5.0, which is the latest version available currently for car devices. However, there are still some brands that use the older version, such as Bluetooth 4.2, which is not that great as compared to v5.0. The Bluetooth v5.0 offers better connection stability, higher data transfer rates, and has an overall better coverage area also. So, picking the option that uses Bluetooth v5.0 will be a decent choice.
Although you will be using Bluetooth most of the time to listen to music in your car. If you have stored your favorite music playlist in a USB drive or a TF micro SD card, you should look for an option that supports such audio inputs as well. Apart from that, there are plenty of good options available on our list that even come with an AUX port so that you can directly connect your smartphone or mp3 player with the device and listen to your favorite songs. The AUX input is also useful in situations like when your friends sitting in the car want to play their own songs; they can directly connect with the device using the AUX cable.
Supported Music Formats
In case you are going to use a USB drive or a TF card to play songs in your car using this device, you should know what music formats are supported by the device. Although the most commonly used music formats like WMA, MP3, are supported by almost every Bluetooth Transmitter device. However, not all of them have the support for higher quality formats like FLAC. Hence, if you generally use FLAC format music files, you have to check the supported music formats before buying the Bluetooth Transmitter for the car.
With these Bluetooth Transmitter devices, you get really advanced features that are present in almost all the latest car models. One of them is Hands-free calling which is possible as you connect your smartphone with the car using Bluetooth. Most Bluetooth Transmitters come with in-built microphones as well that allows you to receive calls without needing to take out your phone and receive the call.
However, the quality of the call is a major concern here also. For that, you should check if the Bluetooth Transmitter has the noise-cancellation CVC technology or not. Basically, the CVC technology cuts all the ambient noises from the environment and amplifies your voice to provide an overall better calling quality at both ends.
Apart from features like Bluetooth that allow you to play your own favorite music, Bluetooth Transmitters are also capable of playing FM channels as well. While some of the Bluetooth Transmitters have channel presets, some of them also allow you to cycle through the FM Channels and find your most favorite channel by yourself.
As you might already know that the Bluetooth Transmitters take power from the 12V charging socket that’s present in all cars. However, by installing the Bluetooth Transmitter in the charging socket, you can’t use a mobile charger in the same socket at the same time. That is why most Bluetooth Transmitters come equipped with several charging ports as well. But, not all of them have the same type of charging ports.
A single transmitter can have multiple charging ports such as a 1A port, 2A port, or a 3A port. As of today, most of us have devices that support fast charging, so picking the option that supports Quick Charge 3.0 ports is always a better choice. However, if your device supports a 2A charger only, then you should pick the right one accordingly.
Last but not the least, we always suggest you pick the product that comes with a warranty. Although the products that we have mentioned are all of decent quality. Still, if a warranty is there, the customer has some peace of mind. There are several brands on this list that offer products covered under 1-year long warranty, so you can check that and pick the right one for yourself.
That’s it, these were some of the best Bluetooth Transmitters for cars that are currently available out there to purchase. With the help of the list and the buying guide, you should not be facing any difficulties picking the best option according to your budget and needs.
A quick tip from our side is that look for the option that provides you with all the latest technologies. This way, you will be easily able to find the best Bluetooth Transmitter to install in your car. In case you are interested to know our top picks from the list, here are a few recommendations from our side for you all:
- First of all, we do like theNulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter a lot because it has pretty good build quality. It comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 and has a beautiful-looking 1.44 inches display as well. In fact, it also offers you hands-free calling and is widely compatible with all smart devices.
- On the other hand, if you want to have a compact Bluetooth Transmitter, the HY82 Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter from Lihan is a great option to pick. It supports 3.1A fast charging and uses the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology as well. Moreover, it also has support for additional audio inputs like USB and TF Card.
- In case you want a Bluetooth Transmitter with multiple charging ports, the Sumind Bluetooth FM Transmitter is the best available option. It features 2.0A and 3.0A QC USB ports and also has a large 1.7 inches display at the front. It also offers a great hands-free calling experience along with CVC Noise cancellation technology.